Early morning appointment with the cardiologist. First she affirmed I was still in a-fib. She asked if I was feeling OK and I said besides feeling tired, I felt great. She noted my hemoglobin count is still crawling it's way back from the precipitous drop it made a couple of weeks back. The last blood draw level was 8.9 (it was 12 something before). Well, that would explain why my autumnal chores are taking me so long to complete. I've been fixing meals w/ foods rich in iron and adding in fresh fruit for it's vitamin C (and to make my sister happy). The doc suggested an iron supplement might help so I picked up a bottle of iron gummies.
The TV in the doc's waiting room is always set to weather. I assume that channel is the colorless equivalent of elevator Muzak. It did get the man sitting near me to strike up a conversation as we waited. He said he and his wife met here in the Northwoods but then moved to Colorado for 20 years. He thought the climate there was too hot and too dry. The couple then moved to North Carolina for 15 years. "You know," he said, "in all those years there never was a hurricane that even came near. I would have liked to experience a hurricane." He also hated the heat and humidity there. His wife had died and he had recently moved back to the Northwoods. "I love the cold weather!" He declared. "And you might even get to experience a blizzard." I added. His face broke into a big grin and there was a gleam in his eyes. Yep, he will relish living back here.
No comments:
Post a Comment