P.S. Dr. Oz surrendered his medical license in Pennsylvania in Dec. 2022. His license in New York was valid through 2024. His license in New Jersey was due renewal in 2025. He does retain a valid medical license in Turkey.
Thursday, September 17, 2026
Honey Bee on Sedum
I play Words With Friends on my phone. When I finish a word I have to put up with an ad which I sometimes even watch. Lately some of the ads struck me as odd. Would Reba McEntire really work w/ Dr. Oz in selling medicine? Dr. Oz has already admitted that he gave misleading medical advice (in exchange for money) and surrendered his medical license. Why would a respected singer/actor team up w/ him? Better yet, why would anyone follow his advice? Later there was an ad of Oprah Winfrey selling a honey product w/ Robert Kennedy Jr. Nah. I don't think so. The topper was an ad featuring Angela Lansbury obviously getting an Oscar and pitching a memory supplement in her acceptance speech. Are consumers really taken in by these obvious fakes? Why are the ads so lacking in subtlety? My mind wandered to movies w/ the Devil depicted in them. Often it's as a hideous being w/ a growl for a voice, horns, maybe a tail. That's when the movie loses me. Pretty sure the Devil would show up as a shiny, pretty, enticing thing. The Devil, I bet, knows how to be subtle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment