Friday, September 18, 2026

Canadian Thistle

 I turned on the heat last year on October 11th.  (Easy to check now that I have the solar array graphs.)  May have to turn it on a lot earlier this year.  Next week the forecast is for at least two days w/ lows in the 30's.  The highs will only be in the 60's and most days will be only partially sunny.  The house is already feeling a bit chilly as evidenced by both a cat and a dog snuggling up to me whenever I sit or lay down.    

Errands included stopping at the bank to empty both piggy banks and cash a couple of checks.  Then picked up the local paper and filled up the car.  I've got a long trip to take on Monday but when I saw the price of gas I wished I'd filled it up earlier in the week.  Stopped by the library to check in w/ the new volunteer.  She was going to be on her own until the librarian came back.  Another library about an hour away had remodeled and no longer needed two study carrels.  Our librarian and two village workers went there to pick them up.  When I walked in the librarian was already back and one of the carrels set up against the wall.   When I saw it,  it was college days deja vu.  I felt the urge to sit down and research something.  Picked up my mail and then a cup of coffee and breakfast.  Gotta love small towns.  They are so efficient.  All of my stops were within a block or so of each other.  

No comments: