Monday, September 21, 2026

Chives

 

Drove to the clinic's mothership to have a consultation w/ a doc about next steps w/ the a-fib.  I'd done some research but he explained a few things I didn't know and we settled on our course of action.  Actually I think my biggest issue will be transportation logistics but I'll figure it out.  

It's a two hour trip both ways so I drove over listening to the end of my current audio-book.  I'm not sure what to think of it.  While it did feature four murders, I didn't particularly like any of the characters and I believe there should be at least one that a reader can relate to or at least care about what happens to them.  As I said it was a long drive so started my next audio book.  After a few minutes I was pretty sure I'd read this book before.  I've read many books by that author since he sets his books in the Northwoods so maybe it just sounds like all of his others?  Popped that disk out of the player - will check my library on-line history when I get home to see if somehow I ordered it twice.  Put in my backup book (always have a back-up book) and was soon in a Scottish Castle during the Edwardian Age w/ a 25 year old lady who married a 70 year old baron a few months before.  She's picked up a pet piglet as they made their way north from London for a shooting holiday/Christmas in the Highlands.  Upon arrival the lady was introduced to her husband's son from one of his previous three marriages, his son's new wife, his son's best friend, her husband's kept courtesan (gasp, the ignominy), and a whole host of servants.  I snuggled a little deeper into the car seat w/ anticipation.  This is going to be good!

No comments: