Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Autumnal Equinox Sunrise

 

I'm now getting up before sunrise (i.e. I'll be posting more sunrise pictures.)   Got the last of the plastic twine that had been dumped in the woods into the garbage can and hauled away.  There are a few small shreds of orange twine and some plastic pieces laying around but will get those bit by bit.  Glad it's all gone before freezing weather.

Town Planning Committee chairman Roger is planning his third fishing trip to Canada this year.  He asked the members of the committee if we could hold the monthly meeting a week early.  There were four building permits to discuss.  Except for an embarrassing arithmetic error on my part, they all looked good.  We still haven't determined any thing about a possible data center.    Roger said the state's Towns Association is having a webinar on what town's can/cannot do about data centers at the end of next month and if it is pertinent, will show it to our group.  The meeting was finished in 20 minutes.   Since I was at the Town Hall anyway, I checked on the damage to the sneeze guards.  During the pandemic, the board had mounted 2 plexiglass sheets on three foot tall frames.  They fit atop the tables where the poll books are situated during elections.  We still use them for elections but recently, when the town hall was rented out, someone had used one as a sign post and broke it.  I stood looking down at the plexiglass w/ a substantial crack running through it.  (Big sigh.)  Time to give them up.

1 comment:

The Sandbar said...

I was asked to sign a petition yesterday. Our town is considering allowing power lines to run south of us for a possible future data center somewhere. I am ambivilent about this. We have plenty of water and data centers will have to go somewhere. I did not sign but the person looked at me like I had two heads. Guess I had better do some homework. cjb