August is also the month I order my next year's calendars. I have a Lang-sized calendar holder in the dining-room but I'm not limited to that size since brother Brent made inserts for it. Slightly smaller calendars, as this year's, fit equally well. I do have a 'type' of calendar I prefer - folksy, nature-based, no inspirational sayings. I am making a list of calendars for this year that fit that profile - flowers, trees, naïf drawings - but sometimes I go 'rogue'. Kilty Pleasures is in my mix of possible calendar candidates. It features a lot of bare chested muscled men wearing kilts. That might be thought-provoking.
Monday, August 03, 2026
Sandhill Cranes
August is my time to start looking for Christmas cards. National Wildlife Federation was my 'go-to' place for cards but last year, even though they had a website for their cards, they didn't have any cards on it. This year they admitted that they no longer make cards because "of changes in consumer behavior". What does that mean? I asked Google if sending Christmas cards was no longer a 'thing'. It replied that it was declining in popularity due to cost, time, and the more convenient use of social media. I'm OK w/ being old-fashioned about this. While I do send out a handful of e-cards to people when I don't know their current address, I enjoy sending physical cards. I enjoy thinking of some short snippet I can write in each that I hope will elicit a smile from the recipient. I enjoy keeping in touch w/ far-flung relatives and friends at least once a year. Really enjoy receiving cards too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I get one from Suzanne Von Schroeder every year. They're beautiful!
Post a Comment