Sunday, August 02, 2026

Rick, Paul, Molly, and Peter (Brent is there somewhere)

Voting machine Public Test this morning.  No one came as usual so Andy and I voted as many times as necessary to feel comfortable that the count was correct and the machine would catch errors.  We also went through the paperwork delivered from the County Clerks Office checking that we had every document that might need to be filled out.  Only one set of tally sheets.  We've always had two - filled out after polls close by different poll workers, one copy going back to the County Clerk and one staying w/ our Town Clerk.  We could copy them but I'll bop over to the County Clerk's office next week and get them to make us an extra set.  Have to ask for "I Voted" stickers anyway.  

Cousins Rick, Dawn, and Paul were at my house by the time I got back from the test.   Cousins Molly and Peter arrived a little later.  They drove in from the Big City to see everyone and shoot clay pigeon w/ their shotguns.  After shooting we all had root beer floats.  It's the only time I can make use of the big glass mugs Honeywell gave out to team members whenever we installed new software at a branch.   Being on the Database team, I was involved in every installation.   At 7 p.m. I warned everyone that I would be watching Svengoolie and tonight's selection was Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter.  Many started to watch it w/ me but soon migrated to the deck in an effort to feed the hummers by hand or split off to talk about something else of interest.  Can't imagine why a bad B-horror flick from the '70's couldn't keep their attention. (Ha)

Funny thing - my house looked cleaner after they left than before they arrived.

No comments: