Friday, July 31, 2026

Mike Chaussee

 I've been screening my phone calls lately.  I made the mistake of answering a call from an unknown number.  It was a firm that wanted to buy my 'unused' land.  I told them I didn't want to sell and to take my name off any lists they had.  The person assured me he would and, of course, the number of calls escalated to three times a day.  So I didn't answer when a call came in this afternoon.  Fortunately, the caller then texted.  It was Mike and Sandy Chaussee who were going to be driving past on their way home and wondered if they could stop in for a quick hello.   I texted back I'd love to have them come but I was under time constraints because of library duty tonight.  Mike and I had worked as programmers for years at Honeywell.  As he put it, "Over a cup of coffee every morning we solved all of Honeywell and the world's problems."  Was glad to see that they hadn't changed.  Mike reads the blog so he wondered about the places I mention.  We all piled into Jormungandr and took off along the trails.  First past Gorgeous Gorge, then cross field to Bifrost and the trails leading to Neighbor Blake's land and then Neighbor Pheil's land, back up through the old forest and across the meadow to home.  We only had about a half hour before I had to get going to help out at the Summer Reading Program's big finale.    Left w/ a promise that they would stop over again.

Picture by Sandy Chaussee.  (Sorry Sandy, I edited me out of your pic.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mikie! How fun was that having them stop over, love it.
kn