Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Robin on it's way south

Dark enough that when Whip and I take our nightly constitutional she wears a harness that lights up.  So much easier to know where she is instead of looking for a black against black shape.  There were red taillights across the road at my neighbor's field access.  Curious - I've seen big machinery harvesting over there in the dark but wasn't sure why there would be a car  - Hunters?  Star gazers?  Someone looking for a place where their phone had bars?  The motion detector lights snapped on each of the out buildings as I passed and the car pulled back onto the road and left.  Just last night about this time while we were out on our constitutional, car lights had startled me as one drove out of that field.   Tonight, when we returned to the house, I removed Whip's harness, turned off it's light, and hung it up by the door.  I could see car lights again at my neighbor's field access.   For this rural area - my neighbor's field seems to be the 'happening' place.

No comments: