Thursday, October 17, 2024

Hunter's Moon

 

The geraniums have now been tucked away for the winter  in Sleipnir.  I set them on the floor in there before the first frost but I needed to deadhead, put in markers w/ their color noted, rip out the little extras planted w/ them, and position them on the tiers.  I have about 17 color variations w/ magentas, reds, and pinks being the majority.  The 'extras' were mostly alyssum.  I really like alyssum plus now that the weather is cooler the alyssum have put on new blooms and look better than ever.  Unfortunately, I've never been able to get them to overwinter successfully so it's better to compost them now rather than in the spring when I repot it all.  I'd experimented this year w/ adding juncus inflexus cultivar Blue Arrows in w/ some of the flowers.  Wasn't sure what to do w/ that - toss it, cut it back, leave it in the pots?  Decided to text the question to my Master Gardener (*Bronze Level*) sister Connie.  She texted back she wasn't familiar w/ that plant and I should 'google' it.  Next time I'll text my Master Gardener (**Gold Level**) niece Carolyn!  Wonder if there is a Master Gardener 'Plantinum' level? (ha)

No comments: