Wednesday, September 25, 2024

A Place for a Pestle

When I put the rock spheres into the space specifically built for the old pestle,  I placed the pestle up on top of the divider and out of the way temporarily.  I stepped back.  Really liked that place for the spheres.   Where to put the pestle then?  Brother Phil had it on his fireplace but when he moved he left it w/ me.  I'd used it to hold down old newspapers until I recycled them.  I didn't want to return it to that function.  Besides, Bother Brent had built a bespoke stand to show it off.  Actually, it looked really nice there atop the room divider,  just needed to give it a quarter turn to make it perfect.   This picture is what you see when you enter via the back door.  Another big plus - should someone sneak into the house that heavy rock pestle is now in a position for me to easily pick up and conk any intruder over the head.  A friendly reminder - call before you visit.

No comments: