Tuesday, June 04, 2024

Elderberry blossoms

 I bring in the seed feeders at night and, lately, also the hummer feeders.  Something had been going through each night, tipping the hummer feeders enough to empty them of their fluid.  Now when I wake up in the morning - usually an hour or so before my alarm - I shuffle out on the deck and replace the hummer feeders.  The sun may not be up but it's light enough that the hummers are sitting on the shepherd's hooks waiting for me.  Good thing I live out in the boonies.  Hummers don't care what I may be wearing or not wearing (though the mosquitoes are delighted).  Then I shuffle back to bed, push the dog or cat out of the way (they can be such blanket hogs), and go back to sleep for awhile.  Plenty of food sources available for the seed eaters now - they can wait until I'm up and dressed for the day.

No comments: