Friday, March 29, 2024

Juvenile Red-Winged Blackbird

Bright and early I was up and off to the clinic.  I had to wait the full 10 years since my last Tetanus shot before the clinic (or more likely my insurance) would let me have another.  They wouldn't give it to me at the end of January when I was there for my yearly checkup.  Unlike when I took Whip to the vet in January and they gave her the 3-year rabies shot plus her yearly Lymes shot two months early just because she was there anyway.  The nurse gave me the tetanus in one arm and the first part of the Shingles shot in the other.  She warned me that the Shingles shot might make me feel ill for the rest of the day.  I stopped at the appointment window to schedule the second part of the shot and the person there suggested I drink lots of water for the rest of the day.  She too had felt ill from the shot but found drinking plenty of liquids seemed to alleviate those symptoms.  I don't often feel ill from vaccinations (and I've gone out of my way to get as many as I can) but I took her advice to heart.  Picked up a large coffee on the way out of town.  Had a cranberry mimosa (substituted Sprite for champagne) with my breakfast.  Kept a bottle of water near at hand all day.  Nothing.  Felt fine.  Either it takes a day for aches to develop or that drinking plenty of liquids has merit.

No comments: