Thursday, March 28, 2024

Barn Quilt

 

I've been posting pictures of 'Barn Quilts' for the last week.  I first noticed three on the side of the library where I park when I came in for my volunteer shift this month.  I knew what they were - Public Broadcasting has had specials about them - of course those were on actual barns.   The next day when I went to Glory B's to pick up a pizza, a couple was outside mounting another one on the side of that building.  The lady asked if it was straight and we stood out in the street admiring how the sign looked.  Turns out she's the painter and thought selling them kind of perked up the village.  (Word is she's stopped painting temporarily while she does some spring cleaning and then puts in a garden but plans on starting up again later).   I've made a game of 'hunting' these painted wood blocks when I come to the village.  Finding and then getting a good 'shot' can be elusive.  Some buildings have more than one (like the library).  Some are tucked under overhanging roofs so they are in half shadow in the morning from one eave and in the afternoon by the other eave.  Some are between buildings.  Anyway, it's a fun pasttime while I wait for the ephemerals to peek out of the forest floor.

No comments: