Saturday, December 31, 2022

Neighbors

 On Friday, Neighbor Blake knocked at my door.  He'd been out snowmobiling and remembered I appreciated when he made tracks near my house.  As the snow underneath hardens, I can use them for walks.  So he'd made a loop near the house but on the other side of the meadow he'd run into raspberry bushes that had held the snow and gotten stuck.  He didn't have his phone so he walked back to borrow mine and call his wife Maureen to pick him up.  He said he'd be back sometime to shovel the snowmobile out.  Today as I busied myself baking a New Year's Eve pizza, I saw two figures walking out across the meadow.  Must be Blake coming back to shovel out his vehicle.  Didn't take long - well, didn't seem long for me who was in a nice warm house eating pizza and watching Midsomer Murders on TV - before I saw a snowmobile coming up over the bank of snow at the edge of the meadow.  Maybe Blake thinks like me.  It's nice to be able to finish as many of this year's obligations as possible before the new year begins.

No comments: