Tuesday, January 03, 2023

Blue Jay

First day everyone was back to work in the New Year.  Decided to support the café downtown by going out for breakfast.  First I stopped off to pick up the mail.  There were thank you notes from some of the nieces and nephews.  Nice to see manners haven't gone out of style.  Only two other couples in the restaurant.  One man explained the U.S. was involved in the war in Ukraine only because Hunter Biden has assets there.  Shook my head and remembered the first line of the saying "You can fool some of the people all of the time..."  They got on the subject of women in the workplace and I cringed.  However, the second man talked highly of the abilities of the women on his crew who drove heavy machinery.  Stopped off at the coffee shop for a latte to go.   There are a group of men that congregate there for coffee in the winter months.  Talked w/ my neighbor until my drink was ready.  Another winter storm is due so drove over to pick up groceries.  Excellent timing since I was so full from breakfast I didn't buy any extras.  Snow flakes were falling as I drove back into the garage.  Noticed that the Mystery Channel on TV was airing episodes of Midsomer Murders.  What a great beginning to the New Year!

No comments: