Friday, December 02, 2022

Connie on parade float

This summer Brother Phil had forgotten his computer at my place so Brother Brent and I had met him at a park around 1/2 way between our places to return it.  He'd explained that he'd set it in the reclining chair in Mjolnir as he packed and the chair and computer case were both dark colored so he hadn't noticed it.   I did something similar at the Hampton Inn where I stayed on the way home this Thanksgiving.  I had actually thought about Phil's experience as I threw my suitcase on the hotel room's big stuffed chair.  Monday I was practically home when I got a call from the hotel.  I pulled over and they described a sweater that was left on that chair.  Since I wasn't going to be able to pick it up in the foreseeable future, they would send me an e-mail with other options.  Sure enough, when I got home there was an e-mail from Ileftmystuff.com.  If I opted to have the sweater sent back to me, I should reply with an address, pay a fee, and they would do the rest.  Decided to ask for it's return - more out of curiosity to see how the system worked than a desire to be reunited w/ a year-old article of clothing.   Ileftmystuff e-mailed back that they had let the hotel know to package up my forgotten article, they had sent the hotel an address sticker to put on the box, their courier would pick up the box and deliver it to a UPS office that day.  Got another e-mail later w/ the tracking number.  Wednesday it was at my door.  What a slick idea for a business!

No comments: