Thursday, September 22, 2022

Sleipnir Plant Stands

 The equinox brought w/ it cooler temps and tonight the forecast temp is 37 degrees.  Close enough to freezing that I decided not to risk the plants I'm overwintering.  This morning I put in the long flower boxes on the first tier of end tables in Sleipnir.  Oops, had one left over.  Well would figure out where to put that later.  Once I had filled up that lowest level of plant stands I didn't like the feel of it.  Too hard to water.   Decided to pull back the next two tiers about a foot and a half.  That felt better.  Filled up the middle tier w/ a series of pots that were all approximately the same size.  Liked that.  Used the top tier for the various other sized pots.  Looked pretty good.  I did have that long flower box and five hanging pots left over.  Can always overwinter those in Mjolnir.  I'd talked to the brothers about putting in hooks so I could hang some of the plants from the ceiling. I'll make a note of where the hangers should be placed.   That's when I noticed the sunlight streaming in to the area below the plant stands.  Had planned that area for storage but I have plenty of storage room.  Placed the overflow plants there.  Everything tucked away successfully, I shut the garage door.  No need to turn on the heat yet but I did move Jormungandr over to Mjolnir for the winter.  There is room in Sleipnir for it but this way I have more walking around room and I don't have to expose the plants to cold weather whenever I open up the garage door to take Jormungandr out for a run.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like your plants will be very happy!
Rebecca