Monday, August 15, 2022

Ghost Pipe

Working on getting Whip used to Jormungandr.  I thought all dogs would be excited to ride or at least run along side a vehicle but when we start up Jormungandr Whip just goes over to the front door and sits.  Put a leash on her this afternoon and w/ some coaxing got her to climb into the cab.  She wanted to come right back out but I climbed in beside her, praised her profusely, and then started up.  She climbed up into the seat beside me and stuck her nose in the air to catch the smells wafting past.  Didn't go far, just on the other side of the gorge.  I stopped and we both got out to explore the area.  When it was time to take off once more, I called her over.  She readily came which was a good sign.  If she was frightened of riding, she wouldn't have come over to it. I put the lead on her and, again, needed to coax her to get her into the cab.  We drove on to the edge of the forest where we both got out.  Same thing - I went exploring and she ran around to her hearts content until I whistled for her and she came right back to Jormungandr.  Another bit of coaxing and we drove home.  Enough lesson for today.  Hopefully overnight she will ruminate on how much fun we had riding in Jormungandr.
 

No comments: