Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Sunset

 Humid and in the 80's but w/ a stiff breeze.   Instead of carrying watering cans around the yard to water flowers, I decadently grabbed Jormungandr and drove the few steps.   The hummers and their fledged young'uns are draining the feeders dry in a day.  Before sunset the sky was inundated w/ barn swallows on the hunt for flying insects.  From the number of birds, their broods have fledged too.  Giant St. John's Wort, Bergamot, and Black-eyed Susan's are now in bloom.  Every year there is at least one plant that has ideal growing conditions and is overly abundant.  This year it is Common Milkweed.  It's one of my fav flowers since it has such a beautiful aroma.  The 'ditch' daylilies started blooming three weeks ago but now the Stella D' Oro and Little Business are giving me something different to put in my daily hemerocallis arrangement.  The field next to me is spotted w/ large round hay bales.  All in all, summer is progressing nicely.

No comments: