Thursday, May 12, 2022

Tag Alder

 

The storm last night was more intense than the one on Monday night.  The local stormwatchers were parked at the end of the driveway watching for possible tornado formation.  I went to sleep during the lightning show.  This morning's constitutional also incorporated picking up those things that had been thrown about in the storm.  After Monday's storm I'd remembered to put out my rain guage - close to 2 inches fell last night.   Was forecast to be a hot and muggy day (a real rarity in May) so Whip and I took off on our walk early.  Was a good time for us but we both came back splattered in mud.   Later Whip let me know someone was outside.  It was my neighbor Blake.  He must have been out and about too since his boots were mucked up also.  He wanted to let me know what he planned on planting in my fields this year.  I don't think Robert Frost had it right - it's communication that makes good neighbors.    He was about to leave when we heard thunder and giant raindrops started.  I will always welcome a rainstorm but it would be nice if Mother Nature spread the timing out a bit more.

No comments: