Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Spring Beauties

While somethings went well this morning - the window screens I dropped off at Ace Hardware were mended so I could pick them up and the pharmacy where I get my prescription refill has dropped it's requirement to wear a mask - I was still in a downer.  This called for a walk.  Whip and I took off for the woods.  As Anita said yesterday, it's like everything was just waiting for warmer weather.  The ephemerals usually space out their blooming a little but this year everything is blooming at once.  We wandered down through the woods and then out to the more open areas and along the edge of a ridge.  The tree leaves are only the size of mouse ears and very light green.  Gives the forests a lovely chartreuse haze.  By the time we got home my mood had improved and Whip (whose mood is usually happy) was ready for a mid-afternoon nap.  

1 comment:

Brent said...

Nice picture!
Any Blue birds yet?