Sunday, November 22, 2020

Downy Woodpecker

For today's Zoom meeting, we had decided to come in disguise.   I'm not exactly sure what prompted the idea but it seemed like a good one at the time.    I dug into my old Clinique cosmetics and found cakes of white and coffee colored foundation.  They were meant to be applied sparingly for highlighting/contouring areas and then be blended in w/ a base foundation.   I wanted a  Svengoolie-look so skipped the sparingly, base foundation and blending parts.  Made big dark solid circles around my eyes, dark triangles under my cheekbones, and a white line from forehead, down the bridge of my nose and around my mouth.   I looked vaguely ghoulish.   Serendipitously, it turned out that the light from my laptop reflected off my glasses making my eyes appear to glow behind those dark circles. Cosmetics should be thrown away when they are over a year old (these have to be decades old) but once in awhile not doing the correct thing works out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You looked marvelous - and a little scary! 😯