Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Shelter from the storm

As soon as I stepped out the back door this morning, I called for Phil.  He said he'd seen a deer every day that he's been here and there in the tall grass was a doe w/ her twins.  It rained most of the day so both 'rain barrels' are full.  I turned in a library book yesterday but my on-line profile still shows that it's out and I now have a 10 cent fine.  A friend said they are keeping the books 'quarantined' for three days before they check them back in and remove any fines that have accrued.  I'll check back later to see if that process worked.   When I took out a morning snack of crackers and cheese to Mjolnir, Brent was teaching Phil about wood carving.  That was pretty much the highlights of the day.  Gotta love a laid-back summer.

No comments: