Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Turkey hen

The futon in the corner of the living room was for extra guests if the spare bedroom was already occupied.  Decided to move the futon to Mjolnir so I could throw extra people out there.  Getting the futon through the house was easy since there is felt on the bottom of the legs.  Going through the doorways wasn't that hard either.  When I built Haven, had the builder put in wider than normal doors.  Now that the futon was in the garage, I put the legs up on moving dollies.  Thing is, the dolly's swivel casters won't roll on the gravel driveway between Haven and Mjolnir.  Took six large pieces of chip board and placed them side by side.  The casters rolled on that.  Just leapfrogged the chip board from behind to in front as the futon rolled into the garage in Mjolnir.  The door between the workshop and garage is normal size and I couldn't get the futon through it.  I flattened it out and tipped it on it's side but whenever I tried to move it, the thing would spring back into 'sofa shape'.  I needed another person.  Phil is here for a visit and working together we had the futon in the workshop within a few minutes.  Turns out it fits pretty well in there and w/ a grey throw over it, I rather like it.  Now to figure out what to put in that corner of the living room.  I was thinking a 'cat palace' but as a single older woman that seems a little cliched.

No comments: