Sunday, April 05, 2020

Mask


I try to be prepared but the suggestion from the CDC to wear masks in public took me by surprise.  They had been saying for weeks that the public shouldn't use them unless they were sick. I had no idea where one even buys masks. Looked on Amazon. I'd need to wait until May for delivery. I had noticed my brothers use dust masks when woodworking. Scoured through the stuff they left here. Didn't find any. That kicked off a house wide scavenger hunt for things that could be made into a mask. Picked out an old heavy shirt. Cut out a pocket to go over my nose and mouth - figured I could put extra padding in the pocket if I felt it needed it. An oblate heart-shaped potholder: added a couple of shoe laces and I had another. The Surgeon General showed how to make one out of a bandanna and rubber bands. I knew I didn't have any rubber bands 'cause I'd been looking last week to put around a rolled up picture. Had resorted to using string on the picture. Bet I could substitute string for this project too. My homemade masks look pretty dorky. I figure people seeing me will get a good laugh ... well ... they probably could use one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed! The pocket is a great idea.

But still think you need to wear the squid hat too...

kn