Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Moonset

Snow overnight.  Meant I could track this morning on our constitutional.  The two coyotes had come by late last night.  The tracks weren't real clear because snow had fallen since their visit.  They had loped down the driveway more or less side by side.  A good sized deer had walked the opposite direction after the snow had stopped.  Her tracks weren't obscured.  Saw her meet up w/ the rest of the herd about 2/3's of the way down the driveway.  They all continued over to my neighbor's to dine on his corn.  I looked up.  There was the herd -in person- coming back.  They crossed the road (without looking both ways for cars) back onto my place and headed west into the woods.  They stopped when they noticed I and the dog watching them.  I was pleased they put up their tails and pranced off.  Means they still consider us (a 15 year old dog and 67 year old woman) to be a threat.

No comments: