Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Last year's twins

As you know, my local bank was bought by another bank system.   Because of the resulting changes, I think many of the long-term staff either found other jobs or took retirement.   In December I decided to get rid of one of my two safe deposit boxes.  I emptied one, turned in the keys, and paid the yearly rent on the other.  Later that day I got a call from the bank.  Seems they had closed out the wrong box and the 'lady-that-knows-how-to-fix-it' is on vacation.  Would I come back in and switch things over to the other box?  Sure, why not.  I did that the next day.  Turned in those keys and got my other set back.  Hadn't thought about it until yesterday when I had a letter in the mail from the bank saying I was now 60 days behind on the rent for my safe deposit box and they would be drilling it open if I didn't respond.  Walked into the bank this morning w/ not only the receipt for the safe deposit box rent but also the statement showing where it came out of my account.  The teller went to get 'the book' on how to fix the problem.  She returned and gave me a slip of paper saying the safe deposit rent was waived.  That doesn't quite seem right but if I don't get anymore dunning letters and my box isn't drilled open, I'll be happy.

No comments: