Thursday, March 12, 2020

Catching snowflakes

Indy and I stopped off at McD's for a latte (for me) and a cheeseburger (for Indy).  It was a reward for her being a 'good dog' at her yearly checkup at the vet's (i.e. she didn't bite him).   Indy had problems getting into the car.  She can't leap up into the back of the SUV anymore and even the ramp was giving her problems today.  I resorted to coaxing her into the front seat.  It was a little cramped but she was happy to take a ride.   When she realized the ride was to the vet's she wasn't as anxious to get out.  A little more coaxing to get her into the office.   The vet said her heart sounded good.  The growth on the side of her nose is only a glandular cyst and isn't harmful.  He instructed me on how I could eventually pop it.  (Yuch)  The vet gave her a Lyme and a Rabies shot.  Then said it was possible Indy had tape worms.  (Double Yuch)  He asked if there were cats around and did she eat their poop?  (Yuch, Yuch, Yuch) Yes, I said, I did have cats but Indy didn't eat poop.  Then I remembered the squirrel she had eaten whole this winter.  I related that to the vet.  He said she certainly could have picked up worms from that meal.    I went home w/ a dewormer packet for her.  Pets are endearing creatures but taking care of them requires a strong stomach.

No comments: