Friday, March 13, 2020

Doebird

I was at the computer when I heard a background noise I haven't heard for awhile.  Went outside to check.  Yes, the first rainstorm of the year.  On the computer I'd been following messages from the state election commission.  They pointed out an impact the corona virus might have on our election process I hadn't thought about.   We are planning on having stylus's for people to use when voting on the machine, wipes for the pen they use to sign their names, wipes for the booths people use when marking a paper ballot.  However, hadn't considered that the vast majority of poll workers are over the age of 60 - the demographic the virus is hitting the hardest.  Would the towns be able to find workers for the elections coming up?  Talked w/ our Chief Election Inspector today.  Turns out poll workers are more committed to the running of fair and open elections than worried about catching anything.

No comments: