Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Old World Lantern

I like to watch Flower Drum Song this time of year because in it Master Wong pays all of his debts on New Years Eve so he can enter the new year without worry.  The snow storm ended sometime during the night and the north winds had swept my driveway fairly clean of snow.  I drove over to the town hall and paid my property taxes and Indy's tax bill too.  Drove to the bank, emptied one safe deposit box, and paid the yearly fee for the other one.  I would have done that yesterday but the person who "knows how to close out a box" wasn't there that day.  (Must be they don't close many safety deposit boxes.)  Once home I got on the computer and gave donations to the institutions I support.  As I said before, pay at a set time each year and you can toss the letters sent asking for even more money over the rest of the year.   I do have one outstanding debt.   I haven't paid for some plumbing work done in September.  I've reminded the company that I haven't received a bill yet via e-mail and left a phone message but no reply.  Made a pot pie w/ leftovers from Christmas Eve dinner.  As predicted I've been eating leftovers for the last week.  Looking forward to something new tomorrow!

No comments: