Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Sunrise is closing in on the water tower

There is a village-wide celebration of Christmas coming up early in December.  Since the library joins in w/ a place for children to have their picture taken w/ Santa and the connecting village hall has a soup & sandwich lunch w/ carolers, there will be a lot of people coming and going.  I try to have something in the library display cases for the season.  Decided this year to go w/ Christmas cards: old ones, foreign ones, handmade ones, box cards, etc.  The Coffee and Conversation group helped by giving me some.  Tonight I was digging through boxes of old ephemera looking for cards.  Was surprised how I could recognize the handwriting of my parents and grandparents.  Suppose that will become a lost art - who writes anything by hand anymore and who sends letters and cards by mail?  Not to mention that all of those saved letters are written in the no-longer-taught cursive. 

No comments: