Wednesday, November 20, 2019

A Lego Club creation

I usually arrive a half hour ahead of my assigned library shift.  The new guy behind the front desk gave no resistance when I said I could take over early.  It was his first Lego Club night and he was trying to enter children's names into a spreadsheet, hand out the treats, answer the phone, and check-in/check-out books all at the same time.  It's just a case of prioritizing activities but until you figure out what's the most important at the moment, it's a bit mind-blowing. Around 5 the Lego Club kids were gone.  A Dungeons and Dragons group met for awhile in the young adult area.  The cub scouts came in for their meeting at 6 and sat at the tables in the back.  They did their scout oath and went directly into doing a craft.  I tried to keep from bothering either group as I set up the display cases for December.  It's a bit early but there was nothing in the cases and I was nervous if a display of cards would look OK.  Actually turns out they look really good.

No comments: