Sunday, November 03, 2019

Intentional Blur

Invisible Lumber Truck
 Photo contests shake you out of your normal picture-taking mode.  October's theme was 'Intentional Blur'.  I and Indy stood out on the driveway on these cold mornings trying to snap the school bus.  It usually went past here at  6:45 a.m. on it's way to pick up it's first riders.  Still dark enough for the bus to have it's lights on and just light enough to get a background.  I didn't take any photos I liked of the bus but lucked out w/ a lumber truck.  Not as many types of lights as the bus but it did have them located at differing heights.
Autumn through a screen
 One overcast morning I focused on the window screens and the rain droplets rather than on the autumn color in the woods behind.
Fire Flames
Fireworks

Got a fire going in the fireplace and zoomed in on the flames,  Dunder is always fascinated by the fire when I start one so we sat side by side on the ottoman.  I w/ my camera and he fascinated by the movement and enjoying the heat.

Dueling at Dawn
I remembered some pics my neighbor Doug Dearhamer had taken of birds in flight.  Not a lot of birds around anymore but the rules of our photo contest allows for old photos too.  Found one of hummingbirds squaring off over a food source, their little wings not much more than a blur.





My brother Brent puts on some fantastic fireworks shows.  He had just started shooting off fireworks one 4th when I took this picture.  It's overexposed but I kinda liked the colorful effect and  kept it.


No comments: