Saturday, November 02, 2019

Frozen Dandelion

The Kiwana's put on an annual Veterans Day breakfast at the school.  Traditionally, the library holds their Fall Book, Bake, & Stuff Sale at the same time.  I'd help set up for it and thought there were some things I'd like to buy so I got to the sale a few minutes after it opened.  Fortunately, some of the things I had my eye on had already been snapped up.  I did pick up two crystal bud vases (have a real weakness for good crystal), a woven cat bed (they don't like the cardboard box stuffed w/ towels that I put in the utility room), and a couple of hand-made gifts for Christmas.  I also chose a couple of mystery books.  The books I put in the book shelves in my bedroom.  I figure they would be good to have on hand in case I get sick.  Also picked up a brass eagle about the size of my hand.  I have no idea what I'll do w/ it but I'm going by the old garage sale adage 'if it's heavy it's worth something.'

No comments: