Friday, November 15, 2019

Find the surprise

I have a small hole in the wall between my study and the utility room for a cat door.  The house was designed that way so the cat box is out of sight, the cat's food is out of reach of the dog and the cats can come and go at will.  The cat door has a plastic flap which my former cats - Robin and Orion - had no issue passing through.  However when I got Dunder and Blitzen they were so tiny that I removed the flap so they could get through the opening w/o issue.  Once they grew up I tried to put the flap back in place a couple of times but they would bat at it until the door came completely off.  Today I put the flap in place and watched them.  They were pushing the flap off the rail it was hanging from.  The rail just needs a backstop.  Two balls of Playdoh did the trick (don't ask why I have a container of the stuff).  I've been pushing the cats through the flap every so often to make sure they know it's not a barrier.  Finally, tonight I saw Blitzen go through it on her own.  While Dunder is more adventurous he's not as smart - he might need a bit more help w/ the flap.

No comments: