Thursday, November 21, 2019

Goldenrod

Training tonight on 'How to Deal w/ Difficult People'.  A staff member from the state's library system came in to give the talk to our librarian and volunteers.  The staff member said it would last three hours.  I wondered what the rep would have to talk about for that long.  Turns out it did take three hours but not because of the rep.  Once the talk started everyone had a tale to interject about a difficult person they had encountered at sometime.  The rep asked if we'd ever felt afraid in the library and I said I had. There is one man that rarely comes in but when he does he calls me over to the computer multiple times to see what he's doing or to ask an insignificant question.  The rep said he might just have an 'odd' way about him and she continued on talking about ways to handle threats.  I don't care.  There is something off about this guy and it isn't only being 'odd'.  The rep didn't mention the option I chose in case there is an issue so maybe it isn't sanctioned by the state's library system.  Let's just say I figure bear spray probably works on more than just bear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Always trust your gut on these things. Good for you.
Rebecca