Monday, October 07, 2019

What is it?


When I wake up in the middle of the night, I like hitting the radio-clock and listening to the BBC.  If I'm tired, their talk puts me right back to sleep.  If I'm not, they usually are discussing something interesting.  This morning it was 'Intuition'.  The person being interviewed said 'intuition' isn't real.  He sited many examples showing that what the person mistook for intuition was realizing subconsciously that something wasn't happening as expected and reacting to that.  I hadn't thought much more about his premise.  This afternoon I was returning home after grocery shopping.  Driving up the final hill, I could see a car coming along a road at the top of the hill.  I was watching the car 'cause for some reason I didn't think she was going to stop at the intersection.  She didn't.  I hit my brakes hard - just missing her as she swerved out in front of me.  (Grocery bags went flying so I'm having scrambled eggs for breakfast tomorrow).  I've been trying to figure out what I saw that warned me - might just be 'intuition' is a real phenomena.



Photo contest theme last month was 'What is it?'  These were my entries.

No comments: