Tuesday, October 08, 2019

an inquisitive Yellow-rumped Warbler

I jumped on the mower and finished the paths.  Well, I finished the ones that were above water.  Docked the mower in a corner of Mjolnir.  Probably won't need it again until next year.  Had more birds flying around today than I've had since early in the summer.  These yellow-rumped warblers stopped off on their way south.  A pair of blue birds stopped by to say thanks before taking off too.  Hadn't seen the Harrier for awhile but she was checking out the fields.  She'll stick around until the worst of winter hits.  Eagles were flying circles high in the sky.  I see eagles most days and there will be some that stick around all year round.  Tonight, I cast a shadow even w/ only a quarter moon shining.  It's the summer constellations in the evening but by morning the winter constellations will be overhead.  Temp in the 60's.  The vague scent of dry leaves on the breeze.  "In my great and unmatched wisdom" it was a wonderful day in the Northwoods.

No comments: