Wednesday, September 04, 2019

Orange Sulphur butterfly

I was at the State Fair last week and I presented my credit card to buy the jasper and tourmaline rocks.  The vendor ran my car and said it had been declined.  He seemed nonplussed and my friend Kathy agreed it was no big deal.  I was mortified.   Kathy said to just call the number on the back of the card.  I did and the credit card company explained  their records showed I'd purchased something in Minnesota about a half hour ago (yep,  I bought a  puzzle from a Minneapolis artist) and now I was purchasing something in Colorado.  Ohhh - the rock vendor at the Fair is based out of Colorado.  The card company verified I was who I claimed and I explained what had happened.  They cleared everything and I was able to buy the rocks.   Felt a bit like a dope not to realize what had happened but I'll know what to do next time.  Thought it was strange this hadn't happened before since I've done pretty much the same thing other years.  Kathy let me know her husband ran into the same issue this week.  Might be the credit card companies are beefing up their security - can't get too upset about that.

No comments: