Thursday, September 05, 2019

Sunrise

Before crawling into bed last night I opened the windows in my room.  No need to turn on the light, I've done it a thousand times.  Blitzen sleeps on my bed.  Indy sleeps on the rug in my room.  Dunder prefers the main room - usually on the back of the couch or on the ottoman.  However, as soon as he hears me stirring in the morning he comes into my room to play tag w/ Blitz.  I was awake enough this morning to see him jump up and slip outside through my bedroom window.  I'd forgotten that I'd taken off one of the window screens yesterday.  I let Indy out, grabbed some clothes, and went to retrieve Dunder.  He thought escaping outside through a window was wonderful fun.  (I could tell since his tail was brushed out like a bottle cleaner.)  He ran back and forth eluding me until he finally tired of getting wet w/ morning dew.  I picked him up and we all went back inside.  Not sure how I could have slept all night w/ an open window and no screen.  Indy would have told me of course if anything menacing had tried to get in.  There are next to no bats.  (I would truly freak out for awhile if one ever did get inside.)  Guess the only thing I have to check under the bed for is frogs.

No comments: