Sunday, November 04, 2018

New Deer on the Block


 I was on my way home from a walk when I noticed a dark shape near the fence between me and my neighbor Wallace.  If I wasn't tired, I would have trekked across the field to see what it was.  Instead I got out the camera w/ a zoom lens and took a picture.  Could check it out later.  Received a call from another neighbor Doug.  He was checking out his back forty and could see there was a dark shape near the edge of the woods on my land but it didn't seem to be moving.  That reminded me to download my picture.  Sure enough, my neighbor Wallace, who had put out a statue of a moose near the creek and an elk on the fence line between our properties, has added a new one - a jumping deer.  Haven't ever talked to him about them.  Maybe he thinks the woods could use some statuary or maybe he's hoping they will lure in like creatures.  Either way, something different to look for on my walks.

No comments: