Friday, July 20, 2018

White Admiral butterfly

Brent had mowed lawn but I said I would mow the trails later.   Forecast was for rain this morning (actually last night) but by noon when it still hadn't done anything, I got out the mower and started out.  When the paths were first made they were often along the edges of fields or forests.  The areas have grown up so much that now they have tall brush and trees on either side.  This time of year it's sometimes hard to see where the trail is and I go more by knowing the way than seeing it.  Watched a turkey sprint across the path in front of the mower.  Made note of a buckthorn tree I saw as I mowed along.  Carefully edged along the top of the gorge and across the dam - the tall plants on either side hide dropoffs.  Scouted locations to place another bench.  Checked for new flower blooms.  All in all, you can see why I asked Brent to leave the trails for me.

No comments: