Thursday, July 19, 2018

Bunny Clover

Nancy had some hours to kill while her car was serviced so I picked her up a little after noon and we took off.  First we stopped off at Hobby Lobby.  It's not open on Sunday's when I'm usually in town.  Fun to look around but we didn't find much we needed.  That book 'The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning' kept coming to mind.  Then it was off to a brand new store.  Nancy said she thought it had garden gnomes.  I opened the door and heard a loud expletive.  Immediately stepped back closing the door in the same process.  The proprietress quickly came out after us and explained she had been right next to the door when I opened it and it surprised her.  She did have garden gnomes.  Lots of garden gnomes.   Nancy and I each bought a garden gnome (yes, the book's admonishment to declutter our lives was quickly forgotten.)  We'll go back to that same place later and paint them.  Off to a farmer's market.  Fresh sweet corn, tomatoes, bread, and bib lettuce gave me an idea for supper.  Nancy got the call that her car was ready and I dropped her back where I'd picked her up.  I fun afternoon for me and Brent enjoyed the BLT's and corn on the cob tonight.

No comments: