Sunday, October 08, 2017

Both of us were surprised

It was a warm day (might have hit 70) but tonight it will get quite close to freezing if we lose our cloud cover. I debated putting the flower pots in the garage but decided to leave them tucked up close to the house. That begs the bigger question of when I eventually have to bring the planters in for the winter where will I put them? In the past they've sat in the middle of the living room on a tarp. Neither Orion nor Indy bothered them. It's the place in the house which gets maximum sunlight. I could do that again this year but am afraid of what the kittens would do to all of those plants. There is a chance the kittens might go into sensory overload and leave them alone but that's doubtful. Could put the plants in the spare bedroom. People don't visit the Northwoods in winter unless they like snow and cold. The plants would only get morning sun there though. Maybe it's time to think outside of the box - I've still got my tent that has a mesh top. If I put the plants in it in the usual living room spot it would be a tarp to put under the plants, offer protection yet allow plenty of sunlight into the plants, and become a toy for the cats. Of course, the tent would be toast by spring.

No comments: