Thursday, November 24, 2016

Setting the table

Thanksgiving dinner was a relaxing and laid-back meal this year.   Indy and I went out for a short walk first.  Gave Ori canned cat-food turkey and giblets (it isn't just Thanksgiving for me).  Lit a pumpkin-spice candle.  I like to try and serve special meals in courses.  First course is soup - a vegetable wild rice medley.  Second course is salad - spinach w/ raspberries, mandarin orange slices, and sliced almonds w/ a vinaigrette dressing.  The entree was filet mignon and roasted sliced potatoes w/ some fresh broccoli for color.  During the meal I had cranberry nut bread to munch on.  Dessert was a pumpkin cheesecake pie w/ a gingersnap crumb crust and coffee.  Ate while I watched the dog show on TV.  (I swear Pekingese dogs remind me of bloated ticks.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking "nice dinner" until I got to the bloated tick comment!! -Nancy

Brent said...

Sounds like a great meal. Thankful for the years I could spend Thanksgiving with you. You fed me well!