Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Lampshade

Delivered my friend's lampshade to her today. I'd made one for her years ago when she lived in the Big City. Then she and her husband moved back this way and then there was the house fire. I said I'd make her a new shade when I found out the old one was broken in the fire.  Instead of remaking the same design as the original lampshade, she picked out this one that is reminiscent of dragonfly wings (a good luck sign in some culture) and picked out different colored glass since she was changing colors in their bedroom. Their house is an A-frame so the bedroom has inward slanting walls. A steeper angle to the shade's sides would fit in better. I made a pattern w/ only 7 panels instead of 8.   Before I turned it over to her, I wanted to take a picture but I didn't have the rest of the lamp (which was undamaged in the fire). So I turned the shade on it's side and let the sun shine through it for pics. Hope she likes how it turned out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! That turned out so beautiful!

cjb