Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pink - Wild Apple Blossoms

The forecast is for over a foot of snow w/ wind gusts to 40 m/p/h out of the west by morning. The herdsman told me as I left work this morning to not worry if I couldn't make it in. Now it's a challenge to see if I can. Snow started around 4 p.m. First I checked w/ my plow guy that he wouldn't be coming through until tomorrow when the storm ended. Around 6:30 p.m. I walked out to check conditions: still a wet, heavy snow but only a few inches. Will wait till it cools off a bit more and the snow is deeper. Then I'll leave the car at the end of the driveway. My plan A is to walk out to the car at 4 a.m., brush it off, shovel what I need to, and drive off to work. My plan B was to get a hotel room near the dairy but somehow that seemed like cheating. Never let it be said that I'm completely sane.

No comments: