Sunday, December 22, 2013

Another kind of Jingle Bells

The pastor's message was the story of Christ's birth from the book of Luke. I'm kinda surprised more people don't bring their own Bibles to church. When the pastor requested the congregation to follow along as he read the verses he would preach from, he told people to turn to page 1013 in the Bibles available in the pews. Even though my Bible now has a small rip on the cover and I noticed today that the inside cover is broken, I would hate to switch to a different Bible. It wouldn't have all of the verses underlined that meant something special to me. It wouldn't have the notes I occasionally make in the margins. It just wouldn't have all of the history mine has. Plus, let's face it, I'm old-fashioned enough to prefer reading the King James version instead of the "new and improved" interpretation in the pew Bibles.

No comments: