Thursday, August 22, 2013

Cut-leaved Coneflower

My instructions were to take the sutures out of my thumb in 7 to 10 days. I thought I might wait until Friday and remove them after milking. Would give the thumb a couple of extra days to heal before I went back to milking. It turns out that pushing/moving the suture knot (as occurs while prepping a cow) hurts more than getting the original wound. Decided the sutures had to come out today. Since using a scissors w/ my left hand hasn't been working very well, I considered going into the Clinic and having them do the procedure. However, Emergency had given me the utensils used to put the sutures in.  The package contained a tiny scissors which deftly cut the sutures and a tweezers to pull them out. Looks pretty good. I'll put a band aid around it for work tomorrow. All that's left now is to think up a cool story to tell about how I got the scar.

1 comment:

Pete said...

One story option: "hand to paw" fighting off a big bear while on a walk with Indy.